I won't lie about it, I HATE housework!!! I still do it but I moan and groan through it all. I have other more important things to do! I was born to have maids! ..."Earth calling to Vickilicious... Earth calling to....!!!" All right, all right! (A girl can daydream, can't she?)
Since I hate housework but have to do it, I try to make it easy with lists, good organising and good time management. Let's not forget I'm a control freak. Of course, I have a list of tips for those special, difficult to deal with situations that show up on top of the regular daily cleaning chores/habits. I have already posted some here and here. Check them out!
Today, I'll add some more tips and make my list grow. I don't like not knowing what to do when something comes up, I like to be prepared. (the control freak, I was telling you about?)
So, here it goes:
- Coffee maker: Clean the inside of your coffee maker by inserting a coffee filter and filling the reservoir with two parts white vinegar and one part water. Then run the machine through a full cycle and repeat the process two times with cold water and filters.
- Dishwasher: Use the chemical cleaners available at stores to clean the dishwasher more sparingly by doing this - Once a month, with the machine empty, run a cup of vinegar through an entire cycle to reduce soap buildup on the inner mechanisms and glassware.
- (This one I haven't tried:) Toothpaste also helps dry out pimples! But you must use paste, gel will not work! [You didn't really expect a photo of a pimple, here, did you?!!!]
- Clean Toilets in minutes - place two tablets of Alka Seltzer in your toilet for ten minutes then wipe the grime and scum away. Coca Cola is also a great toilet bowl cleaner. Removes the hard water stains and rust stains!
- Uses of nail polish:
- Color-code your keys - apply a thick coat of a different
shade to the top of each one.
- You can stop a windshield crack from spreading.
- Do you have any tips to share?
Photos are courtesy of Google images.