MY CHEESECAKE RECIPE
LIGHT AND COOL FOR SUMMER
NO BAKING NEEDED
EASY AND QUICK
- 12 graham crackers, crushed (appr.)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts (or pecans if you prefer)
- 100 gr. butter melted
- 500 gr. of cream cheese - 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (start with 1/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- strawberry (blackcurrant goes excellently) jam or canned strawberry preserves
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- 1 envelope of strawberry, or raspberry or any berry flavored jello
- Dissolve the jello in 1/3 (or less) of the instructed hot water and let it cool.
- In a bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs and finely chopped hazelnuts with melted butter until evenly moistened. Press crumb mixture into the bottom of pan. Put it in the fridge while we prepare the filling.
- In another bowl, mix/beat the cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend in the buttermilk, the vanilla extract, the lemon zest and then slowly pour in the jello while still mixing to incorporate and until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust and refrigerate again for a few hours or until the filling is firm.
- Pour the sauce over the filling only when the filling is firm and cold and the sauce has cooled as well. Chill in refrigerator until serving.
- You can add fresh thinly sliced fruit on top (f.e. strawberries)
- Don't forget to stir the jello often so that it doesn't become firm before you pour it in the mixture.
- Try not to put too much butter in the crumb mixture or it will become very hard to cut.
- Don't forget corn starch dissolves in cold water!
- You could also try lemon flavored jello! Along with the blackcurrants you get this awesome sweet and sour taste! Try it!
- You could also bake the crumb mixture for 10-15 minutes for extra baked taste.
- I'm not very fond of gelatin but you could use it if you're having "firmness" problems. Just don't forget the trick is to add it to cold liquid, leave it to soak until spongy and then stand the bowl in a frying pan of simmering water until the gelatin becomes clear.
It sure is our family's favorite summer dessert!